Saturday, January 28, 2012

Detective Conan Chapter 804 *SPOILER ALERT*

I would've gotten quite disappointed once I find out it's not Black Org related again, but when I finished reading it, I ended up not having the patience to wait for the next one. Yes, it's that interesting. And I read it sometime before the midnight and the lights were turned off, so it gave me extra chills/shiver which made me more hyper.

Wataru Takagi, one of the prominent police officers of the series (alongside Inspector Megure), was seen walking down the city street one night. Yumi Miyamoto (whose name I always forget because she's not much noticeable), Takagi's friend from the traffic department, parked her car beside Takagi to have a little chat with him.


Yumi then teased Takagi by asking if he's gonna spend the night with Miwako Satou, his girlfriend. Yumi does this to Takagi all the time, but he just scratches his head, blushes, and denies it. This time, though, is unusually different. He then became serious, while saying it's not a date in a serious tone like it's implying that such things as dates and stuff are the most irrelevant things in his world.

Truth be told, Takagi's not that kind of a serious person. He's actually the loser-type of person who's always paranoid, very dedicated to his work and very pessimistic about his lovelife. Back at the time when he and Satou were not together yet, he's never thought that he would actually win against Shiratori (a rather high-ranked officer and a bit more classy than him) who's his rival on Satou. You can say he's like that Keitaro Urashima guy from Love Hina.


Now, what could this serious matter be? He even went far as to not tell a word on his girlfriend about it.


Meanwhile at the airport where Takagi is, he's sitting on a chair while waiting for the time when he's expected to get on the plane. While killing time, he took a look on his planner. It seems that on February 7th, he's supposed to "Greet Parents". I immediately thought that those parents would be Miwako's, but it wasn't really specified since it could be his parents as well.


I then turned on to the next page, and I became a little more confident that those parents that Takagi would greet are gonna be Satou's. If you've read the whole chapter, you'll see that there're various hints of Takagi meeting Satou's parents etc etc. Plus, seeing that thing on his planner made him a little bit more sensitive. He then pulled something with complete relevance to the words written on his planner. I sometimes do the same thing, so I guess it's part of human nature. Plus, it's a manga. I'm not saying that he won't cry for his parents, but something about Sato would just give that much greater impact on him.


And lookie here. Takagi crying. Not just the comical cry we normally see on mangas such as when the protagonist was playfully bullied by his home tutor who actually appears to be infant. But the kind of cry where the main character's not in chibi/humor form and the one that would actually make you think that there's something really going on.

By the way, seeing crying is priceless. I know I should feel bad about him, but I can't help not getting amused by things I wouldn't normally see on a character.

Then followed the Detective Boys hanging around the place where they're supposed to meet up with Takagi. As expected, he's not present. The kids then assumed that he's with Satou, but we readers know it wasn't true. They were overheard talking about Takagi and then approached by an old man whose identity is unknown.




This suspicious old man with his suspicious message is worth getting bothered for, but what really got my interest is the bottom part of this page, which, I'm afraid, is of another matter. Yes, it may or may not be related to Black Org that I long for.

So Conan came by and the old man bid farewell. Conan asks who he is, and Mitsuhiko (the smartest from the real kids) answered that he seems to be Takagi's acquaintance. Genta then asked where Haibara is. Conan lied that Professor Agasa caught a cold and he came back with Haibara keeping an eye for him. Black Org matters. But this is not the interesting stuff I told you about earlier.


The this guy suddenly appears, saying it was a shame for him as well.


Now, if he was really Bourbon then he would really want to meet his boss. There were some reliable theories that says Professor Agasa could be the big boss of the Black Org, though I initially imagined that he would be a new different character who's gonna make his debut when the time finally comes.


Now this photo's what tickled my mind the most. So he says that he's got another purpose for coming. If he really is Bourbon (who's been hired to track down Sherry), then that 'other' purpose would be to see Haibara. Now that I think about it, Haibara hasn't met Amuro Tooru before, but I doubt when she does, she might not have the chills she felt when she met Subaru Okiya. I don't know why I decided it to be that way, Amuro just doesn't seem to be a bad person to me. Or maybe because I was stuck to his 'happy-go-lucky impression' on the Fake Nail case.


Anyway, back to the story, so it seems he has other purposes for coming...


And he says that purpose is now gone. I know it's too early to assume, but my best bet would be that his so-called 'purposes' besides the questioning would be Haibara and Professor Agasa. It could also be that suspicious old man we saw earlier, but it doesn't feel like he's on a complete relevance to Amuro Tooru.

Back to the headquarters, Chiba revealed that he saw Takagi being moved to tears while he's looking at a photo booth sticker stuck inside his planner. When he asked if it was Miwako's photo (with or without Takagi, that I do not know), Takagi responded as if Miwako doesn't show any relevance to him at the moment. Another strike for Takagi.


Satou is now seriously bothered by Takagi's peculiar attitude. And his absence to work without telling a thing on her.


And with these surprising turn of events, I began to appreciate this kind of case even though it's not BO-related.

No comments:

Post a Comment